Bomb squad department has been combing through the premises of these schools
Bengaluru School bomb threat, Bangalore today latest news: In a shocking incident, as many as 15 schools in Bengaluru received bomb threat emails on Friday morning. It was a panic situation for the authorities, students, parents, and staff. As per city police, they are suspecting emails to be a hoax. However, they are investigating to rule out all the possibilities.
Meanwhile, the bomb squad department has been combing through the premises of these schools to find and retrieve any suspicious items. To avoid any untoward situation, the cops evacuated students and staff from the schools while the parents were instructed to come and pick up their children early.
According to a senior police official, the email claimed that bombs had been planted on school premises. Police received a call from the command centre and immediately rushed to schools in different parts of the city. All students and staff were safely evacuated from the school premises while a thorough search operation was being carried out. So far, no suspicious thing has been found and prima facie looks like it was a hoax message.
On the other hand, Karnataka Home Minister Dr G Parameshwara said they have received information about 15 schools receiving threatening e-mails. Notably, similar threats were received last year as well. He added that they cannot take any risk and they are inspecting the schools.
Likewise, Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister D K Shivakumar visited a school in Bengaluru. He said, he was watching TV and the school opposite his house was among those who got a threat mail. He visited the place to check.