CHANDIGARH: With over 4.71 lakh candidates are expected to appear for the written examination for the posts of Constable in District & Armed cadres, the Punjab Police is all set to facilitate seamless conduct of the examination process under this mammoth recruitment drive. Candidates qualifying for the written test will be called for Physical trials. Rigorous security arrangements and jammers to prevent unscrupulous activities.
Gurpreet Kaur Deo, ADGP-cum-Chairperson of Central Recruitment Board for Constables, informed that admit cards have been issued to as many as 4,71,007 candidates, who have applied for the 4358 posts of Constable in District and Armed Cadre. The written test, to be held on September 25 & 26, 2021, is being conducted in two shifts including 10 am to 12 pm, and 3 pm to 5 pm, she added.
“To ensure smooth and hassle-free conduct of examinations, 187 examination centers have been earmarked across the state and elaborate security arrangements have been made by the concerned districts,” said ADGP Gurpreet Kaur Deo.
She said that the candidates, who will clear the written test will be called by the board to appear for the physical trial and documents verification.
RIGOROUS ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE FREE & FAIR EXAMS
- To ensure that all the examinations are being held fairly and transparently, the Punjab Police has appointed a renowned IT consultancy firm to conduct these exams, said ADGP Gurpreet Kaur Deo, while adding that the entrusted company has been ensuring stringent security measures for maintaining fairness and integrity of the written examination.
- Although DO’s and DONT’S regarding the written examinations are being widely circulated via official pages of Punjab Police on various social media platforms, the ADGP reiterated that all candidates should reach their concerned Examination Centre well in time, otherwise, they won’t be allowed entry after the gate closure.
- She also made it clear that candidates must bring their Admit Cards, one passport size Colour Photo, Original ID Proof such as Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, or Voter ID card to appear for the examination.
- ADGP Gurpreet Deo said that jammers have been installed at all the examination centers to prevent internet or Bluetooth connectivity. She said that heavy police have also been deployed for frisking of candidates and to keep vigil during the exam.
- She said that if any candidate is found indulging in cheating or any other unscrupulous activity, the strictest possible action will be initiated.
- Meanwhile, the candidates should note that various fraudsters and scammers might seek to take undue advantage of the examination process by tricking gullible individuals into believing that jobs can be secured by any unfair means/incentives. Please be advised that all such promises are blatantly false and in case someone gets information about any individual indulging in such activities or inciting others for adopting unfair means/practices, immediately inform the police on 181, which is a 24x7 helpline for assisting the people.