Coin will be produced keeping in mind the rules of the First Schedule: Finance Ministry
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a new Rs 75 coin and special postage stamp at the inauguration ceremony of the New Parliament building. The size of this new Rs 75 coin will be 44 mm round. Its standard weight will be 35 grams. The top of the coin will have the lion of Ashoka's pillar in the center at the top, with the inscription Satyameva Jayate below. On its left periphery the word Bharat is written in Devanagari script and on the right periphery the word India is written in English.
This coin is being minted at Kolkata Mint of Government of India. It was launched by Prime Minister Modi during the inauguration ceremony of the new Parliament building. The Finance Ministry has said that this coin will be produced keeping in mind the rules of the First Schedule.
Feature of Rs 75 Coin....
- The total weight of Rs 75 coin is 35 grams.
- It contains a mixture of 50 percent silver, 40 percent copper, 5 percent each of nickel and zinc.
- On the obverse side of this coin, under the Ashoka pillar, Rs 75 is written.
- Parliament Complex in India is written on its right and left sides in Hindi-English.
- The other side of the coin has a picture of the new Parliament building.
- The year 2023 is written just below the picture of Parliament.
- Parliament is written in Devanagari script on the upper periphery of the coin.