Tragic Consequence of Dog Bite: 14-Year-Old Succumbs to Infection in Father's Lap 

Rozana Spokesman  | Amanat Thaper

News, Nation

Shahvaz was bitten by his Neighbour's dog 1.5 Months Ago but hid it from his parents due to fear

14-year-old Shahvaz with father

GHAZIABAD: A Heart-Wrenching incident has unfolded in Ghaziabad, where a 14-year-old boy's life was cut short due to a dog bite. The infection stemming from the dog's bite escalated rapidly, leading to a deteriorating condition. Despite desperate efforts, the child's father was unable to secure medical assistance from major hospitals, and the child ultimately succumbed to his ordeal.

This heartbreaking episode transpired in Charan Singh Colony within the jurisdiction of Vijayanagar police station. Yakub, the boy's father, works tirelessly to support his family. His son, Shahvaz, was an eighth-grade student. On September 1, Shahvaz began exhibiting unusual behavior, including an irrational fear of water, a refusal to eat or drink, and even sporadically emitting dog-like sounds.

Alarmed by their son's condition, the family sought medical attention, discovering that the boy had been bitten by a dog some time ago. Unfortunately, the infection from the dog bite had spread extensively throughout Shahvaz's body, leading to his deteriorating health. About a month and a half ago, Shahvaz had been bitten by a dog, and his fear of returning home prevented him from receiving immediate treatment, allowing the infection to take hold.

Notably, Desperate to save their son, the family rushed him to renowned hospitals such as GTB and AIIMS in Delhi via ambulance. However, despite their efforts, doctors at these hospitals were unable to provide the necessary treatment due to the advanced stage of the infection. Subsequently, the child was admitted to a nursing home, where, after four days of intensive care, doctors regretfully informed the family of the child's worsening condition.

In a last-ditch effort, a suggestion was made to seek the assistance of an Ayurvedic doctor in Bulandshahr known for treating dog bites. Tragically, as the family was returning from the Ayurvedic doctor's place with the child, Shahvaz passed away in his father's arms.

According to Police, Shahvaz was bitten by his neighbour's dog one-and-a-half months ago but hid it from his parents due to fear. Significantly, A complaint has been registered in the matter and action will be taken against the dog owner as soon as possible, said Assistant Commissioner of Police.