Breakthrough in Nuh Violence Case: Arrest Made in Connection with Attack on Cyber Police Station

Rozana Spokesman  | Amanat Thaper

News, Nation

Further investigation in the matter is underway

Accused Arrested in Nuh Violence Case

KARNAL: In a Significant Development related to the Nuh violence case in Haryana, the CIA police have achieved a major breakthrough. Authorities from Tiranga Chowk, Adbar Chowk, Nalhar Mandir Road, and the Cybercrime police station have successfully apprehended Wasim, also known as Tita, a resident of Ferozepur Namak village, who was implicated in the acts of vandalism during the unrest.

Following the outbreak of violence, the accused destroyed his own mobile phone and appropriated his wife's mobile device before embarking on a journey to Chennai in a truck. Subsequently, after a brief stay in Chennai, he made his way to Chandigarh, where he remained concealed for an extended period.

The police have taken Wasim into custody and secured a 3-day remand for further investigation. Krishan Kumar, the police spokesperson, provided details of the operation, stating that on August 30, Nuh CIA in-charge Amit received crucial information regarding the violence that had erupted on July 31 in Nuh. During this incident, a private bus was subjected to vandalism and looting at various locations, including Tiranga Chowk, Adbar Chowk, and Nalhar Mandir Road, resulting in substantial damage.

Notably, Wasim, who is also allegedly involved in cybercrime activities targeting police stations and other incidents, was traced while he was en route from Chandigarh to his hometown, Ferozepur Namak, accompanied by his brother. Upon receiving this information, CIA in-charge Amit swiftly assembled a dedicated team, which successfully apprehended the suspect in Badshahpur. During the course of interrogation, Wasim confessed to his involvement in the acts of violence, revealing that he had collaborated with other individuals in these unlawful activities.

Moreover, investigators have uncovered that a WhatsApp group named "0011 gang" was formed prior to the violence, attracting youths from numerous villages. On July 30, a message circulated within the group, signaling an intent to confront and take action against members of the Bajrang Dal on July 31, with participants being urged to prepare accordingly.

The Nuh CIA Police have handed over the arrested individual to Thana City and have subsequently sought a 3-day police remand from the court to further investigate the matter.